Monday, November 14, 2011

Excess Hollywood: We Don't Need Another Hero

Some of my friends gave me grief over this piece, which appeared on Film Threat 3/24/05, though I don't think the site got much mail on it.  (You can read the offending piece on Stallone here.)  At the time I wrote it, the new Rambo movie was still in the discussion phases, though the idea of there being yet another movie in the franchise bugged me for the reasons I wrote.  Why were my friends upset?  They thought I was taking unnecessary swipes at a beloved movie icon.  (For the record, that's what the entire "Excess Hollywood" feature was about.)  I was taking the "fun" out of a character that I thought really needed to be examined.

Agree?  Disagree?  Read the piece and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment