Thursday, November 24, 2011

The C*nts "A Secret History of ..." Review

This review, the CD of which was sent for that purpose by Disturbing Records, was originally published in 1998 in issue 13 of Married Punks.


The C*nts A Secret History of ...

This is a limited edition, "best of" sort of thing from a garage band that's been around since 1977, though I never heard anything by it until now.  I've obviously been missing out.

The opening song, "Abstract Salamander Dilemma," rips right out of the speakers and kicks this CD off properly.  Other treasures include "Brian's Got an Axe," "Chemicals in the Mail" and "Hey Little Girl."  Of course, there's a few duds, but they don't detract from the overall listening experience.

I've listened to this four times in three days, which I never do.  I did that because I'm getting tired of the pop punk I'm sent all too often.  Bands like this make me glad I listen to punk instead of alternative or radio crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment