Sunday, November 20, 2011

Against All Authority "All Fall Down" Review

Originally published in 1998 in issue 13 of Married Punks, this CD was sent to me by Hopeless records to review.


Against All Authority All Fall Down

I was happy to get this.  I've heard good reports on this political/social punk/ska band, and all the reports were accurate.

Against All Authority, a name chosen because it pissed off people in school, covers all the bases from the media ("At Our Expense") to child abuse ("Daddy's Little Girl"), and does it in an energetic style that's more punk than ska.

The ska sound is present with just the right amount of horns in all the right places.  I imagine that the horn breaks are used so that during a live show the singer can catch his breath.

There's not a weak song on here, but that doesn't suprirse me.  I read they lyrics before listening to this and just knew that it was going to fuck shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment