Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hepcat Right on Time Review

This was originally published in 1998 in issue 13 of Married Punks.


Hepcat Right on Time

"Batman, this is pure Jamaican ska!"

"That's right, Robin.  Don't confuse it with Link 80 or a band like Skankin' Pickle.  This is the real deal."

"Wasn't there another CD with this title, though?  It came out a few years ago, I think."

"Yes.  It was by an obnoxious band called Falling Sickness.  That's different music, though.  You must remember that."

"I will ... if I can ever get over this mesmerizing beat.  What soul, Batman!  Listen to Greg Lee's voice!"

"Don't!  You'll be sucked in."

"The horns.  Batman, the horns!  It's too much!  I can't help but listen."

"No!  Damn!  Too late.  He's dancing away.

"Farewell, friend.  I'll have to fight crime without you.  But, Robin, if the band ever stops playing, come back ... please come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment