Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Subversion #5 Review

Originally published in Married Punks #13, published in 1998.


Subversion consistently improves, and it always delivers a good read, even if I don't agree with some of the editor's opinions. (I think his views on school play into capitalism too much, and of Pennywise he says that it is "one of the premiere punk bands of all times.")

Mr. Rogers, the editor, opens strongly with a piece about going to Maximumrocknroll to see about using a scanner. He's brushed off twice, and quite rudely, by Tim Yohannan. Nice, Tim.

Other highlights include the inspirational "Looking Out for #1," "The Burning Question," and the piece I didn't quite agree with, "School is Cool."

Too bad I sent in the new 'zine survey before I read this issue. I would have granted it a favorite status.

No comments:

Post a Comment